Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Family....

It seems that with recent events, a lot of people are paying more attention to family and the importance of it. Even reading Jacki's blog she dedicates a couple posts to family. So after seeing "Taken" I feel I should do the same.

You never really realize how important the people in your life are until you don't have them anymore. There is so much these people can offer you, you know? The only people who you can meet who can honestly love you without REALLY knowing you. There's always this tie... blood is thicker than ANYTHING else. You can't choose your family, and NO family is perfect, but at the end of the day, I can honestly say there is that love and that caring that you just can't throw away. I don't know everyone in my family like I guess I should, but even when I meet them for the first time or the twenty-first time, they always make me feel like we have been living together for years. I love my family and I will be grateful for them until the day I die.

I was lucky enough to enjoy the family I was born into and have never had much to complain about anyway. My parents are still together and have busted their asses to put me through school and support me with anything that I really put my heart into. Not everyone has the same to say...but those aren't qualities that draw the line between good and bad. Actually, every family is good. Just depends on how you look at it. And that's the truth. Focus on what you have...rather than what you would like. Because when you can really do that, you won't need ANYTHING. At the end of the movie, they asked him, "If you even need ANYthing...." and he responded, "I have everything I need right here." And that's how I feel. As long as I have MY family... I have everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment